Parents are their child’s first teacher and it is the most challenging yet rewarding experience. Here are some resources to help you on your journey.
Early Care and Education:
- Keep your kids on track for reading this summer! Check out this tip sheet from the Office of Great Start to keep your kids reading all summer long.
- Looking for FREE preschool? Go to www.sjcisd.org and fill out your application today!
- Check out this article by Laurel Bongiorno: 10 things every parent must know about play. Children learn through play, play is healthy, play reduces stress.
- Playgroups are available in our county, for locations and dates see our Playgroup Flyer.
- Low- and moderate-income Michigan families can put hundreds or even thousands of dollars back into their household budgets by using free tax-filing help and making sure they file for all available credits and deductions this tax season. Money Back in Michigan explains those credits in an easy-to-read format that can be printed and placed in public areas, such as doctor offices, libraries and community centers.
- Parenting classes coming soon! For more information and to receive updates, call Natalie Boland at 269-467-5473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Many opportunities are available for parents to be leaders in our community. For more information on how to get involved, click on the Parents, Parent Coalition link on our website.
Pediatric and Family Health:
- Ready to potty train? Here is a 3 day method for you to try. www.3daypottytraining.com If you need help with the cost, contact me and I’ll see what we can do.
- Quitting smoking can be hard. Here are some resources to help you get started.
Social and Emotional Health:
- The GSC has been working toward helping early childhood educators and parents support children in a group setting and voted on using the Conscious Discipline program. Here are some research documents on the program.
- Fast Ways to Stop Temper Tantrums: Toddlers are famous for tantrums, so when fits erupt, its wise to have some tried-and-true tricks to tame toddler tantrums.
Still looking for answers? E-mail Natalie Boland, email@example.com with your concern or question and find the answer on the next edition of the St. Joseph County Early Childhood Bulletin.